Step 1d: Set the Sale
The program will track the sale type
of each deal for reporting purposes.
You may define a deal as being one of these types:
- Retail: -- This is the standard deal type. If you sell a
vehicle to a private person for personal use, you will choose this
option. This is also the default option in the software.
- BHPH: -- This marks a deal as being a Buy-Here/Pay-Here
deal. If you select a finance
source which was previously set up as a Buy-Here/Pay-Here finance
source, the Sale Type will default to BHPH.
- Wholesale: -- This marks a deal as a wholesale deal,
e.g. you are selling your vehicle to another dealer who will then
sell the vehicle to the public.
- Fleet: -- This marks that your vehicle sale was part of
many deals grouped together and sold (usually to a company or
corporation) as a group.
- Quote: -- This marks your deal as a quote and
not as a true deal. Use this option if you wish to
work numbers for customers who may take this deal information to a
bank to obtain their own financing. When you use the Quote
value, the software understands that this is not to be treated as a